Wearing your compression socks every single day is the best way to ensure positive outcomes for your health, fitness and comfort. It’s very important that you take care of your socks so they can have a long lifespan and continue to support your feet, legs and other venous conditions! You will need to wash your compression garments to help prevent the buildup of bacteria. There are several things to keep in mind when washing your compression socks.
- You can wash your socks by hand or putting them in the washing machine
- Placing your garment in a mesh laundry bag helps protect them during wash cycles, keeping their shape for longer- but this isn’t necessary.
- Use warm or cool water with a mild soap or detergent
- Do not use chlorine bleach to clean your stocking
- Do not use fabric softeners